The RANZCO Board have met to consider the timing and format of Congress 2021 in light of the significant impact of COVID-19. Noting a face-to-face meeting is the best possible option for Fellows, members and industry, the decision to postpone to early 2022, in Brisbane. The new dates for the Congress are 25 February – 1 March 2022. The Congress booked for 3 – 8 November in Perth will also go ahead as planned.
The 52nd RANZCO Annual Congress will be an opportunity to look towards the next 50 years of science, ophthalmology and the College; and as everyone knows (or should know), life begins after you turn 50*. The stunning and sunny location of Brisbane is the perfect location to reinvigorate the mind and the senses wherein the Congress will provide a robust array of science and thought-provoking content.
Renowned Local and International Invited Speakers include:
- Dame Ida Mann Memorial Lecture – Prof Alex Hewitt
- Sir Norman Gregg Lecture – Prof Graham Barrett
- Fred Hollows Lecture – Dr Catherine Green
- Council Lecture – Dr Clare Fraser
- Neuro-ophthalmology Update Lecture – Lynn K Gordon MD
- Cataract Update Lecture – Mr David Lockington
- Retina Update Lecture – Anita Agarwal MD
- Glaucoma Update Lecture – Pradeep Ramulu MD
- Refractive Update Lecture – Damien Gatinel MD
Reserve your slot: https://www.ranzco2021.com/
The Optimed Team is looking forward to welcoming you to Congress in February, provided that you can tear yourself away from Brisbane’s many other attractions!